Friday, April 11, 2008

And So It Goes On

I've been working at the cafe now for two weeks and I'm still enjoying it but the hours just aren't enough so I'm on the hunt for another part time job and I think I've found one. The job is a sleep in support worker two nights a week-Friday and Saturday 8pm-8am at £24 a night. The job involves answering emergency calls and nothing else. Sounds perfect and just what I need to top up my earnings.

I am also setting up my own little business for Ebay. I'm not going to divulge just yet my intentions business wise in case I jeopardise myself before I've even begun. All I'm prepared to say is that it has cost me twenty pounds to set up.

I've finished the book I was reading-The Invisible Girl by Peter Barham the daughter of the late Debora Ann Barham who at the age of 26 died of heart failure from Anorexia. The book is different from what I normally read though I'm not a conventional reader only having interest true stories of Anorexia. Debora Barham or Debs/D.A Barham was a highly intelligent sadistic comic writer. She wrote for every type of media from magazines and newspapers, to television and books, what ever the media she Concord it. What makes this book differ from others I've read is that the story is told by her father Peter Barham rather that the Anorexic themselves. It's more heart wrenching to read a father's story of how his beloved and successful daughter starved herself to just over four stone and died alone in her London flat.

A quote below is D.A Barham's version of the lords prayer via Tesco.

Our cashier
who art at Tesco
Sharon be thy name
Thy customers come
Thy tills be rung
On Sundays and in the week

Give us this day our daily bread
(only 35p for one large loaf down in price for all this month)
And forgive us our pushing past a pensioner to grab the last cream horn
As we forgive who leave a jar of fish paste on the cake shelf just to annoy us

Lead us not into temptation
(Although chocolate Hobnobs have 50% extra free and after all are too good to resist)
But deliver us the six-piece patio set we bought on impulse
within 28 days or our money back
For thine is an open shop, the deli and in-store bakery
For six hours each Sunday

Amen.

D.A Barham.

The book really touched me at how isolating being an anorexic is and that by wanting myself to be isolated is related and not me being retarded.

May she rest in peace at her burial in London.

Fallen-Angel x

No comments: