Saturday, June 30, 2007

Open Call

On Friday June 15th 2007 I went for an open call at Pineapple Studio, London for P&O Cruises.

There were about a thousand people there mainly female but there were quite a few males. It was hard to see the routine they taught us because there were so many in Studio 5. After several rehearsals of the routine we were auditioned in groups of ten. Those chosen were the auditioned in groups of four based on height.

I was in the final one hundred.

The four group I was in were called by name to the studio. We all performed the routine desperately trying to out dance each other like our lives depended on this. We were then asked to go a high kick and other things amongst that to tap and do double turns.

I was out.

I messed up on the double turns which is big weakness of mine.

I spent the rest of the day in London.

First I wondered Covent Garden window shopping and buying new pointe shoes. The I wondered Camden and had lunch.

I came home late afternoon really worn out but undeterred.

Fallen-Angel

No comments: