Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Christmas

A couple of days later I moved into her room at her parents house anxious and not quite knowing what to say or do like anyone would do if they were in my situation.

Christmas day was a strange affair as I felt out of place but looking back I would have been alone in my room so this was a total new experience for me.

The night of Christmas eve and the morning of Christmas day was spent at our friends house. We didn't sleep that night, we watched television and chatted laying on our makeshift bed and the sofa. Gifts were exchanged and we all sat together opening them in a way that I was not used to.

We spent time with friends and families enjoying this once a year occasion.

My family didn't really do Christmas, we exchanged gifts but there was no togetherness there. An argument would erupt over silly things, we would eat roast dinner together and return to our rooms where we would stay for the remainder of the day.

So you can understand how odd it felt to be included in the celebrations.

Fallen-Angel

No comments: